Maine currently has one waiver that is open to children, a TEFRA program, that waives parental income.
Maine also has an HIV demonstration program and several adult-only waivers, including Elderly and Adults with Disabilities, Home & Community Services for Adults with ID or Autistic Disorder, Support Services for Adults with ID or Autistic Disorder, HCBS for Adults with Other Related Conditions, and HCBS for Member with BI.
Maine Advocacy Organizations:
Last updated 10/8/20
Programs in Maine
- Target Population: Children who would otherwise require care in an institution with any type of disability, including medical, developmental, intellectual, or psychiatric conditions.
- Ages: 0-18
- Levels of Care: Intermediate Care Facility, Nursing Facility, Hospital
- Income Waiver: Yes, the program is based on the child's income only. Parent income is not considered. However, Maine imposes a parental premium for families who earn more than 150% of the federal poverty line.
- Waiver Type: TEFRA
- Spots: unlimited
- Expiration Date: NA
- Description: Provides Medicaid coverage only.
- Online State Information: Katie Beckett Information and brochure
- How to Apply: Apply through the Department of Health and Human Services or online.
- Waiting List: none