Delaware currently has two programs that are open to children. One is an HCBS 1915(c) Medicaid waiver, and one is a TEFRA or TEFRA-like program.
Delaware also provides community-based services (primarily to adults) through an 1115 waiver program, DSHP-Plus.
Delaware Advocacy Organizations:
- Delaware Family Voices
- The Arc of Delaware
- Community Legal Aid Society, Inc.
- Delaware Aging and Disability Resource Center
Last updated 9/17/20
Programs in Delaware
- Target Population: Children who would otherwise require care in an institution with any type of disability, including medical, developmental, intellectual, or psychiatric conditions.
- Ages: 0-18
- Levels of Care: Intermediate Care Facility, Nursing Facility, Hospital
- Income Waiver: Yes, the program is based on the child's income only. Parent income is not counted.
- Waiver Type: TEFRA or TEFRA-like
- Spots: unlimited
- Expiration Date: NA
- Description: Provides Medicaid coverage only.
- Online State Information: Children's Community Alternative Disability Program
- How to Apply: Contact your local Long Term Medicaid Program.
- Waiting List: none
Also called Developmental Disabilities Home and Community Based Waiver
- Target Population: Children and adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities, including autism.
- Ages: 12+
- Levels of Care: Intermediate Care Facility
- Income Waiver: Yes, the waiver is based on the child's income only, using TEFRA criteria. Parent income is not counted.
- Waiver Type: 1915(c)
- Spots: 3136
- Expiration Date: 6/30/2024
- Description from medicaid.gov: Provides day habilitation, personal care, prevocational services, residential habilitation, respite, supported employment – individual, supported employment - small group, assistive technology for individuals not otherwise covered by Medicaid, behavioral consultation, community transition, home or vehicle accessibility adaptations, nurse consultation, specialized medical equipment and supplies not otherwise covered by Medicaid, supported living for individuals with autism or ID, ages 12 - no max age.
- Online State Information: DDS Services
- Official Federal Information
- How to Apply: Contact DDS at 1-866-552-5758 or see the Applicant Services page.
- Waiting List: none