Arizona currently operates one 1115 demonstration waiver and serves all children with disabilities through this program. View Arizona's Health Care Cost Containment System Page. Because Arizona operates its program through a demonstration waiver, some federal rules are waived.
Arizona Advocacy Organizations:
Last updated 9/16/22
Programs in Arizona
ARIZONA HEALTH CARE COST CONTAINMENT SYSTEM
- Target Population: Children of all ages with disabilities as determined by state guidelines
- Levels of Care: Intermediate Care Facility, Nursing Facility, Hospital
- Income Waiver: If a child qualifies based on disability, eligibility is based on the child's income only. Parent income is not counted.
- Waiver Type: 1115
- Spots: unlimited
- Expiration Date: 9/30/2022
- Description: The following services are available: attendant care, day treatment and training, employment services and supports, habilitation, home health aide, home modifications, home nursing, housekeeping, medical services, respiratory therapy, therapies, and transportation.
- Online State Information: Assistance can be found at the Division of Developmental Disabilities or through the Long Term Care program (ALTCS).
- Official Federal Information
- How to Apply: Go to AHCCCS to begin the application process.
- Waiting List: There may be waiting lists for some services.
- Arizona's Title V Program: Office for Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Arizona's Early Intervention Program
PAID FAMILY CAREGIVING
Arizona offers a Licensed Health Aid (LHA) program, which allows parents who obtain an LHA certificate to be paid to care for minor children. More information is available here and through the AHCCCS Website.