This list contains all of the Medicaid waivers and other programs, regardless of type, available for children in the United States, ordered alphabetically by state. The list can display up to 100 programs and is sortable by state, program type, ages served, level of care, population served, and income waiver. Click on the state name to access detailed information about that state and its programs.
- Program Type information can be found in our About section.
- Level of Care denotes what type of institution the child would require if not in the program, and can be a Hospital, Nursing Facility, or Intermediate Care Facility.
- Income Waiver specifies whether or not the parents' income is waived when applying to the program. A question mark means we are unsure.
- 1915(c) = Home and Community Based Waiver
- TEFRA = TEFRA or Katie Beckett Option Program
- 1115 = 1115 Demonstration Waiver
- State = State-Run Program
- Hosp = Hospital
- NF = Nursing Facility
- ICF = Institutional Care Facility
- PRCF = Psychiatric Facility
- Yes = only the child's income is counted
- No = family income is counted
- ? = unknown
- PD = Physical or Other Health Disability
- MF = Medically Fragile or Technology Dependent
- ID/DD = Intellectual Disability and/or Developmental Disability and/or Autism
- Autism = Autism-Only Waiver
- BI = Brain Injury and/or Spinal Cord Injury
- SED = Serious Emotional Disturbance or Mental Illness
- HIV - HIV/AIDS
- All = All Populations