The District of Columbia currently has one program that is open to children. It is a TEFRA program that waives parental income. See this page on the DC program.
DC also has two adult-only waivers, including MR DD, and Elderly and Persons with Disabilities.
DC Advocacy Organizations:
- Advocates for Justice and Education
- The Arc of DC
- University Legal Services Protection and Advocacy Program
Last updated 10/25/18
Programs in District of Columbia
- Target Population: Children who would otherwise require care in an institution with any type of disability, including medical, developmental, intellectual, or psychiatric conditions.
- Ages: 0-18
- Levels of Care: Intermediate Care Facility, Nursing Facility, Hospital
- Income Waiver: Yes, the program is based on the child's income only.
- Waiver Type: TEFRA
- Spots: unlimited
- Expiration Date: NA
- Description: Provides Medicaid coverage only.
- Online State Information: Health Check Information Page for TEFRA/Katie Beckett
- How to Apply: Follow the instructions on this page or Contact the Department of Health Care Finance, Division of Children’s Health Services,
Attn: TEFRA/Katie Beckett Coverage Group, 441 4th Street, NW Suite 900S, Washington, DC 20001, HealthCheck@dc.gov.
- Waiting List: none