District of Columbia
The District of Columbia currently has one program that is open to children. It is a TEFRA program that waives parental income. See this page on the DC program.
DC also has two adult-only waivers, including MR DD and Elderly and Persons with Disabilities.
DC Advocacy Organizations:
Programs in District of Columbia
- Target Population: Children who would otherwise require care in an institution with any type of disability, including medical, developmental, intellectual, or psychiatric conditions.
- Ages: 0-18
- Levels of Care: Intermediate Care Facility, Nursing Facility, Hospital
- Income Waiver: Yes, the program is based on the child's income only.
- Waiver Type: TEFRA
- Spots: unlimited
- Expiration Date: NA
- Description: Provides Medicaid coverage only.
- Online State Information: Health Check Information Page for TEFRA/Katie Beckett
- How to Apply: Contact the Department of Health Care Finance, Division of Children’s Health Services
Attn: TEFRA/Katie Beckett Coverage Group
441 4th Street, NW Suite 900S
Washington, DC 20001
- Waiting List: none
- Advocacy/Support Group: Let us know if there is one.