Arizona currently operates one 1115 demonstration waiver and serves all children with disabilities through this program. View Arizona's Health Care Cost Containment System Page.
Because Arizona operates its program through a demonstration waiver, some federal rules are waived.
Arizona Advocacy Organizations:
Last updated 10/15/18
Programs in Arizona
- Target Population: Children of all ages with disabilities as determined by state guidelines
- Levels of Care: Intermediate Care Facility, Nursing Facility, Hospital
- Income Waiver: If a child qualifies based on disability, eligibility is based on the child's income only.
- Waiver Type: 1115
- Spots: unlimited
- Expiration Date: 9/30/2021
- Description: The following services are available: attendant care, day treatment and training, employment services and supports, habilitation, home health aide, home modifications, home nursing, housekeeping, medical services, respiratory therapy, therapies, and transportation.
- Online State Information: Assistance can be found at the Division of Developmental Disabilities.
- Official Federal Information
- How to Apply: Go to AHCCCS to begin the application process.
- Waiting List: There may be waiting lists for some services.
- Arizona's Title V Program: Office for Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Arizona's Early Intervention Program